Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hello again

If you are a new reader to this blog may I suggest you read this and maybe one or two of the earlier ones to get a rough idea of how this all started.

Who Cares?


Following much family deliberation we have decided to take on full time carers for mum. Many factors have played a part in this decision, but principally Mums needs are becoming more and more demanding and I am finding it harder and harder to cope with the levels of care needed.

After several years where the main focus of a huge amount of my time, feelings and emotions has been focused on the well being of another, I finally realised that I have neglected caring for myself.

At first, when discussing care, the only thoughts going through my head were things like
"I've failed my Mum"
"No one will care for Mum like I can"

I now realise how wrong these two statements are. I haven't failed at all, I did a bloody good job for a long time, but now I need to let someone else take over, someone emotionally unattached, someone who can focus on care.

I also realise that I need to let go. I am all cared out. This doesn't mean I don't "care" what happens to Mum, just that I can no longer "care" for her as well as I would like, or provide the level of "care" that she needs. 

So it is with great trepidation that we allow carers amongst us. Will Mum like them? Will they like Mum? Will they like me and Sarah? Will we like them? Will they keep my spices in alphabetical order? 

The answers to these and many other questions will be answered over the next few weeks.


Gis a Job.


So...It is with great trepidation I re-enter the jobs market.

I havent had a real full time job for several years. At the same time I am very excited and also terrified at the prospect of rejoining the 9-5. Countless people tell me that I have been doing an amazingly worthwhile and rewarding job for so many years but I doubt many prospective employers will see it this way. 

So....If you know anyone looking for a caring hippy who loves some or all of the following please let me know.


  • Driving
  • Putting things in alphabetical order and straight lines
  • Talking to people
  • Listening to people
  • Umm...some other stuff.

The important stuff.

There are two other things I need to share with you. 
But...
You will have to wait for the next blog for them.
Its well worth waiting though, damn exciting.
















2 comments:

  1. 3rd time of trying, if I lose this one, sod it!
    I noticed a missing apostrophe, I hope you are not going to let your standards slip. That's no way to start a career. Whatever path your life takes now, what you have achieved over the last few years is truly outstanding and although it may not have seemed like it at the time, it will stand you in good stead. After all, if you hadn't have moved to MH, you wouldn't now be married to the lovely Sarah.
    We look forward to reading your future blogs & seeing you both back here again - whenever you like. L&K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that 2 apostrophes.

    ReplyDelete