Thursday 21 July 2011

A Brief History Part One

As I am starting this story in the middle I will outline a little history now as I have no intention of writing a prequel a la Star Wars at some point in the future.

We had noticed mum starting to struggle with various things, memory loss, some obsessive compulsive behaviour and a general air of confusion being the main problems. I was at a bit of a loose end career and life wise so I packed up my best friend snapper and headed on down to investigate.

After many months of buck passing and dead ends from our glorious National Health we managed to secure a diagnosis of vascular dementia.I wont go into long descriptions of the disease but there is some excellent reading here should you so desire.

Now, a few years down the line I am mums full time carer and have decided to share the day to day trials of caring for someone with dementia. Partly because someone, somewhere may be interested in what I have to say but mainly because its handy to have somewhere to let off steam.

3 comments:

  1. Great intro Jon - keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, bon courage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like to let off steam myself whenever I can. This is a great blog mate,touching and informative. I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete